Friday, June 3, 2022

 Phoebe Fisher is live! The paperback edition will be available on June 15th, 2022.




Out of all my heroines, Phoebe was the most fun to write. Here are some of the locations in Gloucester that I used for settings in the story.

The front entrance to the 1,000-year-old Gloucester Cathedral with its impressive statuary above the door.


The New Inn, Gloucester, is believed to be the finest galleried inn in England and dates back to the 15th century. I used these images to recreate The Bell Inn.



Robert Raikes published the Gloucester Journal but was better known for his promotion of Sunday schools which were the forerunner of the English state schooling system.



I always enjoy visiting my family and my home county and can't wait for the next visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment